Target Field Trip Grant Information:
Kohl's Cares Field Trip Program Information:
Donors Choose Information:
Walk-in groups will pay the general admission fees.
Children must be accompanied and supervised by an adult while at the Exploration Station...a children's museum. And, on the same note, adults must be accompanied and supervised by a child in order to visit the museum.
When you arrive at Exploration Station, here are some tips to make your field trip a more enjoyable experience:
- Remind your students about the three main museum rules: No running, Stay with your adult leader and Pick up after yourself.
- Chaperones are required to supervise their assigned children in all areas of the museum.
- Help your children pick up before leaving there play area.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museum play area. Food and Drinks are only allowed in the lunchroom (multipurpose room) during their assigned lunch times.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult around the Souvenir Stop gift kiosk.
- Questions can be directed to the front desk/admission clerk or any museum staff member.
Booking your Visit:
Office hours are Tuesday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Facility hours are 10:00 am-5:00 pm Tuesday-Saturday and 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. on Sundays.
When you are ready to book your field trip please have the following information ready to make the reservation as smooth as possible:
- Group/School Name
- Phone Number
- Dates interested in scheduling a visit
- Time of arrival and departure
- Lunch plans and times (50 max capacity in lunch room at one time)
- Name of program (if interested)
- Number of children
- Number of special needs children
- Number of adults (we require 1:5 ratio)
- Age of children
Blow up a balloon without using your mouth, create snow indoors and more! Children will learn about chemical reactions, air pressure and magnets. Each class will end with free experiment time.
K-PS2-1 K-PS2-2 SL.1.1 SL.K.3 K-MD.A.2 MP.2 W.1.8 CC.1SL1
Children will learn about planets and the sun. At the end of this program, children will have an opportunity to make and blast off a rocket. This program has an early childhood option.
1-ESS1 ESS1.B CC.KCC.4C CC.K.R.L.1 CC.K.R.L.10
A Visit from Bamboo the Panda
Read Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See, take home a Panda story stick. End your program with a visit from Bamboo our Panda Mascot.
CC.K.R.L.2 CC.K.R.L.3 CCK.R.L.10 CC.1.RL2 CC1RL3 CC.1SL1 CC1.SL5
Spinning & Sand Art
Children will explore colors, mixing, fractions and more all while making masterpieces! The machine spins the paper and the child squirts paint on the surface. This program includes a sand art project and paper craft project.
2. PS1-1 5PS1-2 CC.1.G.3 CC.1SL1 CC.1SL2 CC.1.SL5
Children will have the opportunity to learn about different kinds of animals; reptiles, birds, mammals, and amphibians, and fish. There are lots of opportunities to touch and feel animal skins. This program ends with an animal craft.
K-LS1.1 K-MDA.1 K-ESS3-1 SL.K.5 CC.1SL1 CC.1.SL2 CC.1SL.5
Experience the biggest thing for the smallest science. A Nano is 1 billionth of a meter in size. In Nano scale, things are very small, and often behave differently than larger things do. During this program children will experience Nano fabric, heat transfer, polymers, magnetic fields and more.
K.MD.A.1 K.MD.A.2 1-PS4-3 K-ESS3-3 K-ESS3-1 K-PS2-1 K-PS2-2
Programs and pricing are subject to change. Please call for availability.
Be sure to mention that you are visiting the planetarium as well in order to qualify for your group discount when booking your trip to the museum!
Group/Field Trip Contract